I have just been released from the grip of extreme pain -- the kind that laughs @ prescribed pain killers. Since Saturday night, I've been unable to sleep for more than two hours at a time. My toothache forced me to toss and turn and try to find a comfortable position. I moved my "sleep" station to the couch, so I wouldn't associate pain & illness with my bed. I've been taking a recommended cocktail of hydrocodone, Tyl3nol 3xtra, Advil & an antibiotic. The painkillers didn't take the pain away, they barely took the edge off. Poor ATM would sit at my side with a helpless look on his face as I lay there squirming and making yuck noises. There was nothing we could do, but wait. Add not being able to eat properly, nausea (all those pills) and lack of sleep, I kept thinking that I should just pull that tooth out and be done with it entirely.
Finally, FINALLY this morning, about 11 a.m., I woke up (again). But this time, I woke up from a dream, the first time I've dreamt since being ill! To me, it was a sign that I was starting to feel better. I sat up -- my tooth was aching, but not the usual sharp throbbing kind. I stood outside for some fresh air. I made a joke at ATM. I pet my cat. Aside from being starved and stinky, I felt an improvement.
I'm not going to press my luck. I'm gonna eat, shower & try to get some rest. I've got some dreams to catch up on.
Is it unusual to really crave sugar after being ill?
3 comments:
It's a little progress but it'll have to do. Hopefully we can throw down on Sunday.
Whew, sounds like you're on the up and up. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I think it's OK to indulge in a little sugar. Your body prolly needs it for energy. Good luck! Hugs!
I hope you're feeling better. That pain that comes from the inside of your head is the very worst on earth. I'm so sorry...
Post a Comment